There are few barriers more likely to derail a life than the inability to read. Last year the Operation READ book drive was very successful. Conference participants worked before the conference, during the event, and after the event to collect and deliver 2,689 books to programs in 18 counties across the state.
Make a difference by participating in the 2009 Faces of Leadership service project.
We encourage you to:
Find Books! by organizing a book drive in your local community.
Build Libraries! by working with local schools, community groups, and families to create book wish lists.
Celebrate Reading! by sharing your successes and your passion for reading with conference attendees.
You or your organization can get involved in a multitude of ways:
Before the conference:
- Hold your own book drive
- Gather books from your community
- Submit a book wish list
- Organize volunteers to sort books at the conference
At the conference:
- Volunteer at the conference
- Purchase books at the conference to contribute - it’s a ‘Buy One, Give One’ deal
- Take books home to give away
Whether you plan to organize a community book drive, volunteer to sort books, promote literacy, or raise money to buy books for those in need, get involved today!
How to get started:
- Mark the appropriate box on the registration page of this brochure
- Visit the Operation READ webpage hosted at www.operationreadwv.org
- Request an Operation READ Book Drive tool kit, which includes:
1) tips of where to gather books from your community,
2) book surveys for organizations, libraries, and schools and
3) other promotional materials.
With your help, we will make this year’s service project a great success!